Today while posting new content, editing content, signing up new partnerships, cropping photos, signing off on ad placement, reviewing ad proposals, paying bills, interviewing new writers, tweeting, posting to Facebook, putting video on our Youtube channel, checking traffic, looking for digital sales consultant on LinkedIn, ordering more mic flags, editing video, develop new web series concepts, ordering thank you cupcakes for a new advertiser… and much, much more…I came across this list on Facebook called “The Inevitables of Success.” The list seemed to speak directly to the nonstop day I was having and many of the points (not 3 and 4 though) immediately resonated.
THE INEVITABLES OF SUCCESS
1. You will feel pain. AGREED
2. You will cry before you get it. MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO RECOUNT QUITE HONESTLY
3. You will lose your friends. HAVEN’T REALLY LOST THEM BUT DON’T SEE THEM AS OFTEN AS I LIKE.
4. Your family will discourage you. NO WAY, NO HOW. MY FAMILY HAS BEEN MY BIGGEST SUPPORTERS!
5. People will hate you for no reason. NEVER UNDERSTAND THIS ONE BUT DAMN IF THAT ISH AIN’T TRUE…
6. You will almost talk yourself out of it hundreds of times. YEP
7. You will doubt yourself thousands of times. I DON’T DOUBT MYSELF AND MY AND SHELLY’S ABILITY TO GET IT DONE NO MATTER WHAT BUT CLEARLY THERE ARE FORCES OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL AT TIMES.
8. You will think you’re going crazy. IT’S 5:45 AND I’M REALIZING I WORKED IN MY PAJAMAS ALL DAY. MY CHILDREN ARE MORTIFIED.
9. You will develop weird habits. WEIRDER THAN THE ONES I ALREADY HAVE?? LIKE HAVING CUPCAKES FOR BREAKFAST—THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS! I’M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY THAT I BELIEVE FROSTING SHOULD BE A FOOD GROUP.
10. You will lose money. UH, HELL YEAH… JUST DON’T TELL MY HUSBAND HOW MUCH!
11. It will all be worth it. NO DIGGITY, NO DOUBT.
Onward My Startup Divas… Afterall, what other choice is there?
Startup Diary #1: Why I Started this Startup Diary
Startup Diary #2: Why Every Startup Diva Needs Her Girlfriends
Startup Diary #3: Go Big or Go Home